To create a new league in BaseHit, follow these steps:
1. Find interested owners: Before making a league request, ensure you have enough owners to fill 3/4 of the league's spots. You can find potential owners by posting in the League Announcements forum or the League Announcements channel on Discord.
2. Make a league request: Once you have the interested owners, submit your private league request in the Community Requests forum. Include the following details:
Review and next steps: BaseHit will review your request and proceed with the necessary steps. Once your league is created, you will have full control to customize and shape the league according to your preferences.
1. Number of teams: Choose between 8 or 24. The default is 24 if you don't specify.
2. Structure: Decide on the number of conferences and divisions. Options are 1, 2, or 4 conferences, and 1, 2, or 4 divisions per conference. The default is 2 conferences with 2 divisions each.
3. Playoffs: Determine the number of teams per division that qualify for the playoffs. Choose from 1, 2, or 4 teams. By default, 2 teams from each division make it to the playoffs.
4. Sims per Day: Specify how many games you want to run per day. Options include 2, 4, or 8 sims. The default is 8 sims per day.
5. Sim Model: Select the simulation model. You can choose between CSFBL Classic, Free Agent Era, or Dead Ball Era. The default is the Free Agent Era.
6. First Year: Decide on the starting year for the league. Choose any year from 1888 onwards. The default starting year is 1977.
7. Draft Order: Specify the draft order format. Choose between Standard or Lottery. The default is Standard.
8. Scouting: Decide whether to enable scouting. Options are On or Off. The default is On, which means less than 100% accuracy of player ratings.
9. Ratings Precision: Determine the precision of player ratings. Choose between three options: 1 to 100, 20 to 80, or Letters. The default is 1 to 100.
10. Individual Potentials: Choose whether to include individual player potentials. Options are On or Off. The default is On.
11. Initial Free Agent Pool: Specify the number of initial free agents available for teams. Options include 0, 1, or 2 per team. The default is 1.
12. Initial Prospects Per Team: Determine the number of initial prospects assigned to each team. Options are 0, 5, or 10 prospects. The default is 5.
13. Hard Cap Enforcement: Determine whether to enforce a hard salary cap. Options are On or Off. The default is On.
14. Binding Contracts: Choose whether to enable binding contracts. Options are On or Off. The default is Off.