How to choose a league to join:
- With over 100+ active leagues available, this may initially seem overwhelming. However, there are various options to help you narrow down your choices.
- Find a team of interest: You can join a league by finding a team that catches your attention and joining the league it belongs to.
- Explore appealing leagues: Look for leagues that align with your preferences and interests, and then find an available team within that league.
Choosing a league
Consider these factors to choose a league that suits your preferences and aligns with your desired gameplay experience.
Sim Model: BaseHit offers three simulation models, each providing different player and team performances:
- CSFBL Classic
- Free Agent Model (1977-1993)
- Dead Ball (1901-1919)
Draft Type: Leagues can use either a Standard Draft Model or a Draft Lottery:
- Standard Draft: Teams draft in reverse order of the previous season's record.
- Draft Lottery: Non-playoff teams from the previous season have a chance at the first six picks in the draft.
Games per Day: Leagues can be set to play 2, 4, or 8 games per day, allowing you to choose a pace that suits your preferences:
- 8/day leagues complete a season in about 1 month.
- 4/day leagues complete a season in about 2 months.
- 2/day leagues complete a season in about 4 months.
Salary Cap: Different leagues may have varying salary caps, ranging from $25 million to $75 million. The default cap is set at $50 million.
Commissioners: Commissioner-led leagues tend to be more active and competitive, while leagues without a commissioner may be more casual.
- Leagues with commissioners often have customized "house rules."
- If you're interested in becoming a commissioner, you can either create your own private league or discuss with existing league commissioners.
Seasons Played: You can join a new or relatively new league to help shape the future of your team from the beginning. Alternatively, you can join a league with a long history to play with fully developed talent pools and free agent markets.