To be able to fully run your own team, you will first need to verify your email address through the Registration Page.
Find a League
Once you have registered to participate in the game and forums, you are ready to join leagues. A good way to start is checking the Find a League
page to browse through active leagues. There are over 100+ active leagues to choose from - some leagues are new, while others have simmed 180+ seasons. At first glance it may seem a bit overwhelming but there are many options available to help you narrow down your choice(s).
There are three current Simulation Models
in BaseHit - expect players and teams to perform differently in each.
- CSFBL Classic
- Free Agent Model (1977-1993)
- Dead Ball (1901-1919)
Leagues can choose the Standard Draft Model or Draft Lottery.
- Standard Draft - Teams draft in reverse order of last season's record
- Draft Lottery - All non-playoff teams from last season have a chance at the first six picks of the draft. Read more about the Draft Lottery
League activity level can be a good way to match up your own BaseHit activity level with other players investing similar time and energy into their teams.
- Rabid: 23+ owners have logged in 30+ times in the past 30 days
- High: 18-22 owners have logged in 30+ times in the past 30 days
- Average: 13-17 owners have logged in 30+ times in the past 30 days
- Low: 0-12 owners have logged in 30+ times in the past 30 days
Games per day
Leagues can be set to play 2, 4, or 8 games per day.
- 8/day leagues play a season in about 1 month
- 4/day about 2 months
- 2/day about 4 months.
Salary caps can vary from $25 million to $75 million, with the default cap set at $50 million.
Public leagues can function with or without a commissioner helping organize league activities. Private league require a commissioner. Commissioner led leagues tend to be more active and competitive, while leagues without a commissioner are more casual. Leagues with commissioners often have customized 'house rules'. If you are interested in becoming a commissioner, you can either create your own private league or discuss with existing league commissioners.
Current simulation date of the league - see Season Calendar
for key season dates.
You can join a new or relatively new league to help shape the future of your team from the ground up or join a league with decades of history to play with fully mature talent pools and free agent markets.
Mentor leagues have veteran BaseHit users assigned to the league, ready to help, who usually don't have a team in the league. They are somewhat equivalent to having a veteran bench coach in your dugout. Mentor Leagues are intended as places for beginners to learn the game, or existing users to learn new versions of the game they aren't familiar with. Mentors will try to answer any questions you might have, give suggestions on lineups, trades, draft picks, or whatever else you might need. Competition is fun, but mentor leagues are designed for learning first.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor please contact us at....
Find a Team
Another good way to join a league is using the Find a Team
Public Leagues v. Private Leagues
- You can join public leagues by clicking "Yeah, let's get started" on a team preview page, or the "Take Over" button at the top of an actual team page.
- You can request to join a private league in the same fashion as public, and you will be given a prompt to send a request to the league commissioners. Different leagues have different policies for entry, but most leagues are very welcoming to owners that show an interest.
You can choose to look at available teams with team strengths that interest you, ex. Small Ball, Power Pitching, Strong Defense.
Let's do this! Recruit a Team Now!
So there are lots of ways to find a team/league of interest, and the best part is, you don't have to choose just one! Go ahead and take the next step and grab your first team in BaseHit.