What happens after your season is over?
After the end of the regular season, annual awards and lifetime achievements are declared:
Timeline of Post-season Awards
- All-Stars (September 30th)
- Most Valuable Player (October 10th)
- Cy Young (October 10th)
- Rookie of the Year (October 10th)
- Fireman of the Year (October 10th)
- Gold Gloves (October 20th)
- Hall of Fame (October 30th)
On November 2nd of a league's season, the season "flips". Essentially, the current season ends and the game fast-forwards to the next year's pre-season. When a season "flips", the following takes place:
- Players decide whether or not to retire (based on career happiness)
- Players meet with arbitrators and get their contracts for the next season (contract dollars are based on a player's ratings and age)
- Players age by one year and may experience increases and/or decreases in ratings
- Additional Free Agents (FA) are automatically signed if a team's roster is below the league minimum 25 players (due to retirements)
As of the June 2022 Update, many league setting changes don't occur until the Flip.
- Changes to Scouting must be submitted as a Community Request and will not occur until the next flip. This is a data-intensive process and we may need to put limits on the number of changes that leagues can ask for in Scouting.
- Changes to Potentials, Sim Era, and Draft Type/Lottery can be selected by a league commissioner, and will take effect at the next flip
- Changes to Salary Cap can be done at any time during the season.
Please note: Leagues which have less than 10 owned teams at the end of a season will be suspended from advancing to the next season.