As of May 2, 2023, the game has introduced new features regarding the team's finances and roster management. Here's what you need to know:
Front Office Page:
Access the Front Office page through the Roster link on your Team page.
- This page provides an overview of your team's finances, including overall ratings, individual player ratings, salaries, and more.
- It allows you to organize and filter the data you want to see.
- Additionally, there is a CSV download option available in the bottom right corner to obtain the desired information.
Postseason Roster Decisions:
During the postseason, you will be able to view each player's salary demands for the following year, as well as the team's projected payroll total if all players are retained.
- The team owner will have an additional action column where they can make SIGN and RELEASE decisions for each player:
- SIGN: Keep the player and meet their salary demands.
- RELEASE: Drop the player from your roster, making them available in Free Agency.
- You have the entire postseason to make these decisions and can change your mind - the SIGN/RELEASE actions will only take effect at the season flip.
- When you make changes to these values, you will see next season's salary total increase or decrease accordingly.
- Note: Your roster becomes locked when the postseason begins. If you wish to release a player, select RELEASE in the contracts column, and they will be automatically dropped at the flip.
Minimum Salary Players - Scrubs
- At the start of the preseason, every team must have a minimum of 14 batters and 11 pitchers in their Active Roster.
- If you release players that would take you below these minimums, the game will automatically sign a minimum salary player, commonly referred to as a Scrub, to fill those roster spots.
- Scrubs have a cost of $0 for the first year and are 100% very bad not good.
- If a scrub is getting significant playing time on your roster, it is advisable to make changes.
- There may be instances where it is financially beneficial to have a few minimum salary players on the team - Instead of drafting or bidding for low-salary players in free agency, you can plan ahead and release enough players at the flip to allow for the auto-signing of scrubs.
Related LinksTeam Finances